Butter chicken is mine and pretty much many other indians favorite chicken dish. The dish has primarily an orangish color to it, some food color is used anyways to enhance its presentation. – otherwise the onion and tomatoes mixture below results into a brown color.
Ingredients for 1 KG Butter chicken dish.
Chicken to be marinated overnight :
- 1 kg Chicken breast – (leave them as is, i sliced them a bit thinner so they cook entirely for sure.)
- 250 gr Yogurt
- Finely chopped mix of 6x Garlic Cloves (because indian garlic are smallish) + 1/2 Thumb size ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi (turmeric), dhaniya (coriander), garam masala, red food coloring powder
- Mix the garlic and ginger into each other as much as you can. Use a blender if so to make into a paste.
- Mix all ingredients into the yogurt, mix well and add the chicken to it.
- Cover and leave refrigerated overnight.