Sai Bhaji, Sindhi Palak – Sindhi Spinach is a traditional Indian, of Sindhi origin dish, primarily made of spinach which also carries other vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, carrots and potatoes. The dish provides you with a healthy dose of Iron, Vitamin K and others – and its tasty.
So I do not eat breads or chapatis with my indian food, I prefer to eat the dish by itself and if still left hungry, I can always eat more of the same dish. – therefore, this recipe is made for 1 cereal sized bowl.
Recipe Ingredients –
- 2x Spinach
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Small Potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Jeera Powder (cumin)
- 1 teaspoon Haldi Powder (turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon Dhaniya Powder (coriander)
- 5 Small Garlic – chopped
- 1 Cup of water
- Cut the spinach and clean it by leaving it to soak in a bowl of water.
- Peel carrots and tomatoes and dice them (I leave the tomato skin on), chop onions, chop spinach, chop the potatoes,
- Put all the ingredients mixed together into the pr